Shreveport elementary school evacuated after odor of gas detected
University Elementary School off Youree Drive in South Shreveport was evacuated around 1:30 Monday afternoon after school personnel alerted authorities that an odor of natural gas was detected in the school cafeteria.
Shreveport Fire Dept. arrived on scene and cut the gas going to the building. There was no immediate odor of gas detected by rescue personnel but officer were taking meters into be sure.
Centerpoint was also called out to investigate the matter.