Home / News / Top Stories / Fire damages home
October 25 09:32 AM

Fire damages home



Inquisitor News

Fire damaged a west Shreveport home Thursday morning.

Fred Sanders of the Shreveport Fire Department said a call came in at 9:07 a.m. regarding a fire at a residence in the 3000 block of Drexel Street.

The first unit arrived just three minutes later and found fire in the washroom at the rear of the home.

According to Sanders, the homeowner reported that he was washing and drying clothes at the rear of the house, when he heard “a loud noise” coming from the washroom.

When the homeowner went to check it out, “he saw heavy flames coming from the washroom.”

The fire was put under control at 9:22 a.m.

There were no injuries reported.

Although the cause of the fire is still under investigation, Sanders said that the lint filters on dryers should be cleaned after every use.

“The buildup of lint can cause fires and can cause a buildup of heat within the unit itself and cause fire damage,” he said.

Digital Edition

click on cover to view digital version

Poll

Do you agree with the lawsuit filed by Officer Demery against the City of Shreveport

Getting poll results. Please wait...

Home and Garden

Loading Family Features Content Widget