Home / News / Top Stories / Neighborhood Grocery Store Damaged By Fire
February 04 09:58 PM

Neighborhood Grocery Store Damaged By Fire

dsc_0400
Firefighters battle store fire - By Chris Redford

Shreveport firefighters have successfully doused a fire inside popular neighborhood store.

It happened Monday night at the Expressway Grocery in the 2300 block of Alabama.

Investigators say the fire appears to have started in one of the coolers along a back wall.  Firefighters got the call around nine o'clock.  The store owner had just closed the store a few minutes earlier.

Firefighters had to use an all-purpose saw to cut through the front door of the business.  The building is said to have suffered moderate heat and smoke damage.

Nobody was injured.

 

Digital Edition

click on cover to view digital version

Poll

Do you agree with the indictment of SFD Chief Mulford?

Getting poll results. Please wait...

Poll

What are your thoughts on E-cigarettes?

Getting poll results. Please wait...

Home and Garden

Loading Family Features Content Widget